I personally did not experience Twitter until many years after it came out. I made my account in 2016 when I was a teenager and used it then primarily to keep up with bands and other musical artist I had been a fan of at the time. Now, I would say I mainly use twitter as a news source to keep up with world-wide events. Twitter could be a great tool to help with ones future career for a variety of reasons, some of them being that it is a great resources to connect with others as well as a great resource for advertising and marketing. 

The digital divide is a term that is often used to reference the gap between people who have access to technology and the people who do not. As more schools move towards using technology in their classrooms and at home, it could create difficulties for children who do not have access to certain technology, especially if it is required at home for homework. The digital divide can greatly affect education in America as it creates a disparity among the students. I feel it would be most beneficial for teachers to use technology available to them within the classroom to teach their students while also not requiring this sort of access back home, as some students may not have it. This allows for more unfortunate students to still learn and be immersed in technology without actually having to own it themselves. 

One of the most essential academic softwares for students in my opinion is Microsoft Office 365, so this would be one of the tools I would use in my classroom if I were a teacher. While there are other programs that have a similar function, I do not believe there are any nearly as easy to work with and compatible with most other softwares as Microsoft Office. Another software I would use in my classroom is Adobe Photoshop. I feel that this would be a valuable resource for projects that are more creatively driven. 

Comments